I literally cannot describe to you how much of a relief it is finding this in words, which is ironic because the post is about words. I've had a really bad writers' block for almost two years and I can construct everything but I cannot write anything and I'm so glad that someone understands this has been driving me insane now I can actually explain it to people thank you so much for finding this and posting this thank you so so much
Vacha Fadia Is your problem knowing the plot but not knowing how to write it? Sometimes I find writing other things help. For example, I was really stuck on this one story, so I started another one (a short story) and it helped. Sometimes you just need to think about and focus on something else for a little while to get yourself back on track.
I don't really ever have a plot. The most important thing for me is to describe the set of the opening scene - that may be as part of planning, or as part of the story. But I have this perfect image, that if you asked me to go location hunting and film it or take a picture of it, I can - I just can't write it. It becomes these incoherent tangle of thoughts running into each other. Once I've got the opening scene set, everything else falls into place and I have tons of ideas - but I just can't get that. I've tried writing any sort if story, but I can't even come up with a decent four-line poem, and it's frustrating me so much because there will be days where I really, really want to write, and I have all these thoughts ready to jump out, but I simply cannot put them into words and it frustrates me so much.
Alright, Attack on Titan fans, I don't know if you already know this, but a live action movie based on the anime is coming out on September 7, 2018. I hope they get it right. I'll cry if it's wrong. #AnimeWeek ~Annaya the Supernatural Sociopathic Shinigami
I found this in my camera roll and now I am highly disturbed. Let me tell you the story behind it... (This is a dream, by the way) So, it all started out in my mom's office. I was with Ron, Hermione, and Harry and we were all kind of talking and stuff. Then all of a sudden, Harry starts writhing on the floor in pain, screaming, "My scar! Voldemort is here!" And then he kind of calms down and we wait nervously for a few moments when..... Voldemort comes inside the room in a red sparkly party dress (which, by the way, did not complement his complexion. Yeesh) and smiles and says "I'm here! Let's get this party started!" So he turns the desk into a table with party snacks, the sofa into this cool lounge thing and the chandelier into a disco ball. So yeah, I had a party with Harry, Ron, Hermione and FREAKING LORD VOLDEMORT IN A RED SPARKLY PARTY DRESS. ~Radi the Air-Nomadic Auror on the Argo II
weapon to fight a dalek: .....the air (lol I GIVE YOU....AIR FROM MY LUNGS!) what I will be wearing when I meet the Doctor: pajamas...... :O what I will use to fix the TARDIS: a piece of paper oh my oh me, i'm totally screwed.... #doctorwhoweek #imdead ~Arpitha the Hufflepuff Demigoddess
I literally cannot describe to you how much of a relief it is finding this in words, which is ironic because the post is about words. I've had a really bad writers' block for almost two years and I can construct everything but I cannot write anything and I'm so glad that someone understands this has been driving me insane now I can actually explain it to people thank you so much for finding this and posting this thank you so so much
ReplyDeleteOMIGOD YASSSS
ReplyDeleteSo damn relatable
ReplyDeleteVacha Fadia Is your problem knowing the plot but not knowing how to write it?
ReplyDeleteSometimes I find writing other things help. For example, I was really stuck on this one story, so I started another one (a short story) and it helped. Sometimes you just need to think about and focus on something else for a little while to get yourself back on track.
omg thats me
ReplyDeleteI don't really ever have a plot. The most important thing for me is to describe the set of the opening scene - that may be as part of planning, or as part of the story. But I have this perfect image, that if you asked me to go location hunting and film it or take a picture of it, I can - I just can't write it. It becomes these incoherent tangle of thoughts running into each other. Once I've got the opening scene set, everything else falls into place and I have tons of ideas - but I just can't get that. I've tried writing any sort if story, but I can't even come up with a decent four-line poem, and it's frustrating me so much because there will be days where I really, really want to write, and I have all these thoughts ready to jump out, but I simply cannot put them into words and it frustrates me so much.
ReplyDeleteOne of the truest things I've ever seen.
ReplyDeleteTHIS IS SO TRUE
ReplyDeleteVacha Fadia I have a similiar problem
ReplyDeleteI pretty much think of a "good" story and then write it in my head and then have no idea how to write it its so frustrating
ReplyDeleteAbby Sitton That poem is so apt. That was great, yeah.
ReplyDelete