Book recommendation time!

Book recommendation time! For this one, I've decided to put a bunch of my favorites in one, so ignore the picture, it's just an example. Classic books! By classic I mean all of those old books that were written around 50 years ago. They may be written in a more difficult style to read, and they're old fashioned, but they have such meaningful plots and most have me sobbing either out of pain or joy. XD Here's a list of my favorites:
Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte: I adore a good romance, and this book possibly tops them all. It had me crying, and though some of the dialogue bits are quite long, the book was just so amazing.
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen: Again, and amazing book. The characters are very well created and you end up loving them all.
Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll: This is absolutely wonderful for all you fantasy lovers out there. It's so wonderfully impossible that it sucks you in and you can absolutely not put it down. This one's good for younger readers, as well, but anyone will want to fall into Wonderland with Alice.
White Fang, Jack London: This book I read when I was a bit younger, and I found it violent and boring. But rereading it as I got older, I realized that the book describes so beautifully the wonder of nature and all creation. Its about a half wolf, half dog, and the story of his life. It's simply an amazing book, I definitely loved this one.
Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens: Another one that had me crying. Very insightful, and overall a fantastic book about an orphan.
Black Beauty, Anna Sewell: As a little girl I had a major obsession with horses, which translates to my love of animals today. I adored this book, as it was the story of the life of a horse named Black Beauty. Sad, happy, and ridiculously beautiful, I still love this book.
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, L. Frank Baum: Everyone's seen the movie, but not as many have read the books. Again, another fantasy, and good for younger readers. You will love Dorothy, the yellow brick road, and pretty much everything else. This is also a series, and the entire thing was an amazing journey.
A Little Princess and The Secret Garden, Frances Hogson Bernett: Both stories are about an orphaned little girl. In A Little Princess, the young girl is left alone in an orphanage with a cruel woman when her father dies in war. The book's message is that every little girl is a princess, no matter who they are or where they're from. In The Secret Garden, the girl goes to live with her old uncle, where she finds a beautiful Secret Garden, along with a few friends. Both books made me cry, especially the first, and once again, these are good for any age.
Anne of Green Gables, M. L. Montgomery: A young orphan girl, Anne, is easy to love, as she grows up with her adoptive grandparents in Green Gables, where she finds kindred spirits and has a wonderful love of nature. This is also a series, so you can follow Anne's story into old age.
Daddy Longlegs: This one is about another orphaned girl that gets the opportunity to go to college and become a writer.
These are just some of my favorites, but there's loads more out there. You can go even further back in time, if you like, and read books by people like Leo Tolstoy, William Shakespeare and even Homer. Classic books are a great love of mine and trust me, you won't regret reading them. Keep in mind that a lot of these are movies, and even if you've seen the movie, the book is still worth the read.
~Annalynn the Factionless Halfblood
i love AOGG!!!!! i tried reading The Secret Garden, but i didn't really like it.
ReplyDeleteI love those books. I've read them all except Pride and Prejudice and Daddy Longlegs
ReplyDeleteI love the secret garden... I read an abridged version with my dad when I was little and then we got the real one. I absolutely love that book
ReplyDeleteI've read all those books except for the secret garden and the daddy long legs thing
ReplyDeleteAnna krueger read the secret garden!
ReplyDeleteIt just seems so long!
ReplyDeletei love Anne of Green Gables!
ReplyDeleteVery true well I guess I'll try it :)
ReplyDeleteAwww I love Anne of Green Gables and Black Beauty♥♥
ReplyDeleteLove Anne of Green Gables and The Secret Garden. Oh and Alice in Wonderland and Oliver Twist.
ReplyDeleteOMG OMG Anne of Green Gables and Daddy Longlegs I CAN'T EVEN!!!
ReplyDeleteI've read everything exept daddy long legs
ReplyDelete